On-Demand AVO Reconnaissance and AnalysisOver the last 25 years, AVO specialists have been interpreting AVO anomalies within a rigid, quantitative framework of labeled polygons within a crossplot. Interpreters need to know - visually and interactively - that prospective reservoirs are defined by lithology and fluid change in the subsurface, rather than by artificially cropped class boundaries.
Headwave sets the industry standard with a new AVO crossplot*. Instead of drawing polygons to label anomalies or AVO classes, it uses non-linear color interpolation between two color tables**—one along a trend axis, another along an anomaly axis—to show all AVO classes and projections at once on sections, horizons, and in volumes. Transparency control allows visualizing anomalies and identifying AVO classes even before picking horizons. Everything is interactive and works in real time. A user can, for example, rotate and scale the color axes and watch the colors in the 3D view change; drag a slice or subvolume around and watch the 2D attribute distribution move in the crossplot. It works on AVO attributes that are loaded from disk or computed from gathers on the fly. There is essentially no limit on survey size, nor any latency in system response.
Interactive AVO gives an interpreter the ability to risk and rank prospects rapidly over a wide area. Combined with the Data Enhancement & Conditioning module, alternative stack configurations and AVO attributes can be tested to evaluate DHIs for your area. AVO anomalies can be classified and/or compared to well control.
- Rapid regional AVO reconnaissance
- Easily compare seismic AVO at prospect and well
- Prospect ranking based on AVO classifications
- Compare sensitivity of attribute alternatives: (intercept, slope), (near, far)....
- Determine whether gather quality supports an AVO study
- Create angle sub stacks, with offset-to-angle conversion on the fly
- Calculate AVO attributes
- Crossplot AVO attributes from sections or subvolumes
- Adapt AVO classes to local rock properties, maximizing discrimination
- Export AVO attributes to SEGY
Request info or quote
Begin free trial
Sign up for webinar
* Patent pending.
** Headwave is the only company offering a commercial implementation of this AVO method.